Blake is in the middle of football, which is a really BIG deal in TX!! You have to pay to get in to the 8th grade B team games and the band is there playing and a lot of people show up!! They play on the high school turf and all! Blake is also in a theater class at school and was talked into trying out for the play "Alice in Wonderland." I'm sure will be more on that to come! He is also enjoying Spanish class and the social scene and is thankful for lots of good kids around!
Megan is Ms. social as always, and was elected into the student council her first year at this new school/ She wrote and memorized her entire speech all on her own and challenged the principal to a "name off" of all the kids (15 to be exact) who were elected. I think they both lost (she and the principal), but had a good time with it, and the principal will undoubtably never forget her name! Megan also just got chosen to be on the Safety Patrol which means getting her to school 20 min earlier (7:10, is just way too early for kids!). She will do a great job with this and will have a blast! All things right up Megan's alley!
This pic was taken with my phone and is horrible, but it is of Megan giving her speech. Not sure it is worth posting, but it's all I got!
Paige is sweet as ever and is working hard to choose the right and making new friends! She got a new teacher just a few weeks into school and she described him to me as, "He has long hair and it's kindof like in dread locks, and..." Grant was standing behind her and could see a bit of dispair in my eyes and interjected that he was African American. Needless to say they were corn rows/ braids (very nice hair I might add)and I had a huge sigh of relief. We all had a good laugh! I so love it that kids don't think of color! All I could think of was stinky dread locks! :) Needless to say he seems to be a great teacher, and Paige likes him!
Jason is right in the middle of it all with kindergarten and doen't skip a beat! Tonight he was being grumpy and hurt Paigey doing something. Later, she did something nice for him and he said," OK, I rewind what I did to you earlier." and he made quick rewinding sounds. If only we could rewind our bad actions:)!! Kids are so great!
OK, remembered I had some pics on my phone.:) These were taken at one of the splash parks in our neighborhood!
We are absolutely loving the weather here and are settling in. Our ward is huge and we haven't met many people yet, but when do we have time for that anyway:)? The garage is slowly getting cleaned out, so that maybe we can fit one car in at least. 2car garages stink!! We lived through our first tornado warnings, and realized that our new house has no room with all interior walls. GREAT! :)
All in all, life is good! We have hit the 6 month mark and can hardly believe it! We are still learning the patience lesson with Grant's facility adventure. I've decided that we need to read Pres. Uchdorf's talk on patience every other week or maybe even every other day! We have to say that we are blessed! We have a great little family that teaches us everyday and life is good! We appreciate all our amazing friends and family and miss you all tons!




1 comment:
So good to know things are settling down a "bit" for you guys :)
Moving around has got to be hard on all of you, but you have such a great attitude!
Good luck in the days to come, and I think that talk is good for all of us to read often! :)
Post a Comment