Sunday, July 11, 2010

Crazy Summer Days!!

Life is moving on quickly and as always, there is never enough hours in a day!  We have been staying busy as ever and as I'm sure I've said before, we work hard so that we can play hard.  Blake returned from scout camp with the Nick name of Red Potatoe, and rightly so! He had a classic red head sunburn and was to the glowing point.  With several nights of bad sleep, blisters and peeling he vowed to always wear a swim shirt and reapply the sunscreen! :)  He did complete a lot at scout camp though, and has all the merit badges required for his Eagle, and now only has to "do the time". 

The picture doesn't even do it justice!

In the meantime, I am greatly missing any gardening opportunities.  I suppose the rental agency wouldn't appreciate if I dug up a good portion of lawn to plant a garden, so my pots will have to suffice for now:(!
So this is the extent of my garden!  ON the left are the raspberries that made the trek from Boise and on the right is my tomato plant.  (I've picked 3 already!)   Note the blue pot on the table. In it is the mightiest thing I have ever grown!
  It's a bit blurry, but I never knew these flowers (zinnias), that are suppose to be 18 in tall, could grow so ...LITTLE!:)  All I can hope for is better luck next year! 

We visited a cool swimming hole in Georgetown called Blue Hole, and the kids had a blast!  Blake took a buddy, and we all enjoyed cooling off by, or in, the water.
We've had a bit of crazy weather and have seen rain storms like we've never seen in Idaho!  The kids thought it was great fun to play in the rain the other day and they had fun watching the newspaper going down the river in the gutter. 
Just a little soggy:)!
Blake and Grant playing Texas Hold'em "the fun way"!  Quality father/son time!
We had heard good things about the zoo in Waco, and thought we'd explore somewhere new one weekend, so we drove the hour and a half to Waco to find that the zoo was closed.  What luck!  So we madly searched and found a Discovery Center near where we were. It wasn't the zoo, but the kids had fun none-the-less!

2 comments:

Tillotson Family said...

I am so glad you are exploring your new area. Looks like you are having plenty of fun!

Kit-Kat said...

Your kids are all growing up so fast:( we miss seeing you more often. The picture of Blake may not show the sunburn so much, but his facial expression sure does. Sunburns ARE miserable!
Karla