Friday, April 29, 2011

The Old Geezer!!

Blake turned 14 this month, so we've decided that he's an old geezer!!  (not sure what that makes us!)  Blake is a great young man!  He is a leader and a great student!  He's kept a great attitude about being so far away from the thing he loves (snowboarding) and is always ready for a fun adventure with the family or some good time out with his dad! He has jumped right in and made the most of what life throws at him and has made lots of new friends.  Despite the calls from the school about talking too much in class :) I think we'll keep him!   We are blessed to have Blake as a son and so look forward to watching him grow from a great young man to an amazing man!  
Our Stake had their Youth Conference 2 days before his birthday, so he got permission to go, and experienced his first Stake dance.  It was an over night event and they had an awsome service project assembling 1000 hygiene kits for the humanitarian aid, several cultural events and a great testimony meeting.  I think I was more excited about all the goings on than he was, as I remembered all the fun I had at this time in life!   He got home from his fun weekend trip late Sat. night and we celebrated his b-day on Sunday.  Blake was a bit tired after his busy weekend, so wasn't feeling so photogenic, but he humored me!
He got the "HOW" book that is a companion to the "WHY" book we already have. (Great books explaining the "why" questions we have about the gosple.) Blake's given some great Family Home evenings out of them!

He got new golf club head covers to go on his clubs he got about a month ago when he joined the school golf team.  He's been a golfing maniac (which his Dad is not sad about !).  He's improving all the time and loving it.  Blake can't wait to play with his Grandpa's!! 

New clothes for the stylin' boy!

Some of his favorite eats!!

And his traditional rice kripie/ice cream cake!


Sunday after church Blake was ordained a Teacher in the priesthood and I couldn't have been prouder!   Thanks for being such a great son Blake!!  We love you and Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

Kimber said...

I know, can you even believe our kids are 14! We were just reminiscing about kindergarten at Monroe just the other day. I'll have to show Erin this post. Happy birthday, Blake!