Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fun Accomplishments!

The kids have been hard at work doing all the great things you do as a kid!  I thought I'd just give a quick overview of their fun accomplishments since the beginning of the year, so here goes...
Megan completed her science fair project on the effects of different concentrations of bleach on plants and put her poster together.  She did great, and I had fun helping her cut and glue to get it all on the poster.  We were up late and if you know Megan, you know that she gets silly when it gets late.  Blake and Grant laughed and said that while Mom was busy cutting and glueing, Megan was busy cutting the cheese and sniffing the glue:)!  Good thing we can laugh in our family!!  Megan went on to win first place in her class!  We are proud of you Megan!

Jason mastered his Legos!  He became quite the lego engineer as he put together 15 vehicles and a police station, a lot of which he did all on his own.  I have always been convinced that you can't get a better gift, or brain builder than legos!  Love it!  (notice Jason is shirtless...this is how he spends most of his time in the house.  I guess a shirt is just too confining for this growing little man!)

Blake recieved his Life scout award (the award right before your Eagle for those of you who don't know scouts).   Blake was not real enthusiastic about going to scouts that night not knowing what was going on, only to find out that it was a court of honor and he would be recieving a big award.  As you can see that he is sporting his best sweat pants and a borrowed scout shirt.:) 

Mom doesn't look much better since I had to rush out the door with all the kids in 5 minutes when we found out the event for the night.  Blake is movign right along with his scouting and is on the road to his Eagle.  We know Grandme B. will be proud!

Paige is playing basketball with her class team.  They match up against other 3rd grades and play just a few games over the month.  She is loving trying something new, and maybe she will have more success than her uncoordinated mother:)! 
We sure love our kids and feel so blessed to have them in our lives!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for posting, Jackie. It's fun to keep up with your family, even if it is from afar. Congratulations on Blake's Life Scout! As his former Webelos leader, I'm very pleased : )

Kristin Wardle

valerie said...

1st I just have to say that I was so confused for that "milasecond" when I read that comment from "blake". hahaha I kept thinking....do I know I blake? :)
Anywho.....love that I am making the time to look at blogs again, cause seriously its so great getting to know all that goes on in my family's lives! FB's got nothin on the blogging world I tell ya!
Your family is just adorable!